Required Documents for Student Employment-New Students
Below is a message sent by Swarthmore Student Employment Office, in regards to required documents needed for Student Employment on campus. Please read it fully, and be prepared to bring to campus any needed documentation.
Welcome to Swarthmore! We are excited to begin welcoming you to campus and orienting you to new opportunities. One great opportunity is working in a student employment position. Working a part-time campus job at Swarthmore is a great opportunity to develop new skills, make connections with faculty and staff, and share experiences with your peers. We look forward to sharing more information about student employment with you during Orientation.
At this time, you may begin viewing and applying for jobs in Swarthmore’s student employment database, JobX, by logging in with your Swarthmore email and password. As the semester gets underway, more jobs will be listed. Once you have been offered a position and accepted a job offer, you will be directed to complete the required employment paperwork in JobX prior to beginning any work or training. This paperwork will require that you have specific information and documentation available on campus, such as:
- Social security number (SSN)
- Bank account information (including account and routing numbers)
- Identification documents for Form I-9 Verification
- Form I-9 confirms your eligibility to work in the United States. More information on Form I-9.
- What is needed to complete the I-9 form? Find a list of Acceptable documents that demonstrate you are eligible to work in the United States.
- All documents you bring with you to campus must be original. We are unable to accept copies, scans, or photos. Once your Form I-9 verification is completed with the Student Employment Office, you will no longer need to keep these documents on campus.
- Please note that these documents contain sensitive personal identifying information, and you may wish to think carefully about where you will store them.
If you have questions, you can reach out to the Student Employment Office. We are happy to help and look forward to meeting you soon.
Student Employment Office