ITS Resources for Groups
There are a number of valuable online resources available to student groups on campus. Be sure to take full advantage of the Google suite, a collection of intuitive applications that will keep your group running smoothly. Some of the best tools at your disposal include…
- Google Groups – what better way to manage your group’s communications? Google Groups allows users to reach out via campus listservs, consolidate your communications to one group email address, and manage permissions of member actions within the platform.
- Google Forms – member input and feedback are key elements of a smoothly functioning student group. Use Google Forms for registration, party invites, and RSVP before an event, or assess your group activities with feedback surveys to help improve for the future.
- Google Drive – groups can get drive space that all members can access and add to. The group drive is permanent and not associated with individual students, so it lasts here as long as your club does! This is a resource that every group should take advantage of.
- Delegated Account – a centrally managed Gmail inbox tied to a general email address. Multiple individuals can have access to this inbox, so they can see all emails received and make replies, as well as adding and managing labels as needed.
- Jamboard – a digital whiteboard space that promotes productive collaboration within groups. Anyone with a Google account can access the platform on their tablet, phone, or laptop. Use Jamboard for anything from free-form brainstorming to developing eye-popping digital posters for your next event.
Also Check Out:
- Email Alias – an alternative to Groups that allows you to set up an email address that will be sent to all members of your group.
- LinkedIn Learning – it’s free with your Swarthmore account! LinkedIn Learning provides educational training videos for all Google programs mentioned on this page and so much more. Find short instructional videos for quick, on-the-spot learning, or try out longer lessons that will turn you into a pro in just a few hours.
- AODocs – an alternative to Google Drive for managing your organization’s documents. With AODocs, you won’t have to worry about important online materials disappearing once a group leader graduates. This free platform helps student groups to share documents online without being tied to a personal Swarthmore Google account, allowing materials to be passed down with ease to the next generation of group leadership.
Request Forms for Google Groups, Delegated Accounts, and Google Drive spaces can be found here!
NOTE: Google Groups is preferred over Email Alias or Delegated Accounts because group leaders can make changes to membership and settings without having to contact the ITS systems team.
For general online assistance with these resources, go to Swarthmore's Google help page!