Housing Lotteries and Blocking Process for 2018-2019
***New for 2018-2019***
- If you are interested in living in the PPR Apartments, you must visit and fully read the PPR Apartments Website, which explains all requirements and expectations. Students will be asked to complete a PPR Apartments Agreement Form, which explains the expectations residents who live in that community must agree to, as well as attend a mandatory meeting in April or May (Fall for current abroad/on-leave students) to learn more information about apartment-style living and expectations. The PPR Apartments serve as three individual complexes that are interconnected on floors. Each apartment offers a living room and small kitchen, refrigerator, microwave, bathrooms, and all single occupancy rooms. Dining Services will continue to provide an "apartment meal plan" that residents will be able to choose. The majority of the apartments will be offered as blocking options for rising juniors and seniors, and all blocked apartments are gender-inclusive. Additionally, to continue to meet the needs of students requesting gendered housing options, two apartments will be designated as female-only and male-only, and students will be able to select into these spaces at the senior and junior lotteries. At this time, only rising juniors and seniors will be permitted to live in the PPR Apartments. Feel free to view the PPR Apartments Floor Plan to get a better sense of the community.
- The 2018-2019 Bathrooms List contains a comprehensive list of bathroom gender designations.
- Woolman House will undergo a renovation for the Summer of 2018 to improve student space. Some of the features to be included will be updated kitchen and lounge spaces.
- Due to the continued interest in Substance-Free Communities, next year's community will continue to be located on 3rd Hallowell Hall.
- Kyle House, and Lodges 3 & 4 will continue to not be available for the 2018-2019 year.
Your Housing Options
To learn more about the Housing and Lottery Process, please select one fo the two options:
- Housing Options for Rising Seniors and Juniors (Class of 2019, Class of 2020)
- Housing Options for Rising Sophomores (Class of 2021)
Students who may be considered 5-year or ninth-semester seniors who are interested in seeking campus housing should first complete the 5th Year Senior Housing Request Form, then contact Isaiah Thomas, Assistant Director of Residential Communities no later than Friday, April 6, 2018 to confirm.
OSE Housing Office Hours
The Office of Student Engagement provides several opportunities for students to learn more about the housing selection processes, as well as ask questions:
Introduction to Blocking and Housing Processes Presentation, Thursday, April 5, 5:00-6:00pm, Mephistos (Willets Hall)
This presentation and Q&A is for all students who wish to learn more about how blocking works, how lottery numbers are created, and how the housing lottery works
The latter part of the presentation will offer the opportunity for students to ask questions about housing selection processes
Housing Office Hours:
Monday, April 9, 12pm - 1:30pm, Sharples, Room 208
Tuesday, April 10, 2-4pm, Office of Student Engagement
Wednesday, April 11, 12pm - 1:30pm, Sharples, Room 208
Thursday, April 12, 2-4pm, Office of Student Engagement
Please contact the Residential Communities Coordinator (RCC) if you have questions about a particular community you are interested in:
Michelle Stark: RCC for Alice Paul, David Kemp, Worth, Lodges, Parrish, Woolman, Wharton
Sam Waters: RCC for Mertz, Willets, Dana, Hallowell
Asraa Jaber: RCC for Palmer, Pittenger, Roberts, PPR Apartments, Mary Lyons, Danawell