Arts in Action
Arts in Action brings together artists, students, faculty, and staff to engage with the arts for building community and to explore creative and transformative possibilities at the individual and community level. Through collaborative, cross-cultural immersion, our projects build access to the arts for underserved communities, creating awareness, networks, and advocacy. The central goal is to broaden the meaning of the arts and create a space for it in diverse contexts as teachers, students, and activists. This initiative is directed by Associate Professor of Dance Pallabi Chakravorty.
- Arts in Action on Facebook—Join!
- Connect with List Gallery
- Courtyard Dancers
- Project: Friends, Peace, and Sanctuary, supported by The Pew Center for Arts & Heritage. Contact: Katie Price
- Student Group: Artists Striving to End Poverty (ASTEP) | Contact: Sarah Branch ’17
Relevant Courses at Swarthmore
- ARTH 078 - Museum Matters: Practice, Theory, Controversy (Downey)
- DANC 004 - Arts in Action (Chakravorty)
- ENGL 070L - Creative Writing Outreach (Browne)
- ENGL 089B/ENVS 016 - Materials that Matter (Price)
- Join the Visibility zine team! Contact: Jasmine Rashid ’18
- Volunteer or intern at a local arts organization
Lang Center Contact: Katie Price