Summer Internships and Volunteering
Looking for something for the summer? Check out these options for volunteering or an internship.
- Science for Kids: A summer program on Swarthmore's campus through which Swarthmore faculty, instructors, and undergraduates teach children in the Chester Children's Chorus.
- Chester Children's Chorus: (reading volunteer) Read one-on-one with children for an hour a day during the five weeks of the Andrea Knox Summer Learning Program. All volunteers must comply with Act 153 requirements.
- Breakthrough Collaborative: National program in which college students teach low-income middle school students.
- Wediko: A therapeutic summer program for children with emotional and social challenges.
- EXPLO: Summer enrichment programs for children ages 9-17; undergrads hired as teaching assistants, dorm counselors, or teachers.
- Center for Talented Youth: At CTY you will work with an exceptional group of students, make contacts and friendships with dynamic colleagues, and gain valuable experience in a rigorous academic community.
- Center for Talent Development: Experience the rewards of working within a vibrant learning community while inspiring open and eager young minds.
- Northfield Mount Hermon School Teaching Intern Program: The intern assists a master teacher in the classroom as an introduction to the teaching profession.
- Riverbend Environmental Education Center: During the spring and summer, Riverbend needs education students and recent graduates to help with program development and deployment.
- Summer English Camp in Italy: Volunteer as a Summer Camp Counselor for 4 to 5 weeks, helping Italian youth with their conversational English. No Italian skills required.
- Teaching Experiences for Undergraduates (TEU): Offers STEM majors an immersive summer experience in secondary mathematics or science education.