Course Special Majors
Special Major in the Course Program
The program for a Special Major comprises a minimum of five credits in dance coursework. The two disciplines in this major may be philosophically linked or may represent separate areas of the student’s interest. The faculty encourages students to consider the philosophical links between the two disciplines. Examples of past special majors include: Dance and Anthropology, Dance and Art, Dance and Biology, Dance and Education, and Dance and Psychology. Special Majors are encouraged to take at least one dance class before applying.
All Special Majors will design their programs in consultation with a faculty adviser.
Dance Studies Focus
- Four Dance Studies courses
- One course DANC 021 or 022
- One course DANC 004 or 025A
- Two Dance Studies Elective courses
- DANC 095. Senior Thesis
- One Dance Studies course from DANC 004, 021, 022 or 025A
- DANC 011. Dance Lab: Making Dance I
- DANC 012. Dance Lab: Making Dance II
- DANC 045. Dance Technique: Yoga
- DANC 092. Independent Study
- DANC 094. Senior Project