Get involved with AOC
If you have 5 minutes:
- Update your profile in the Alumni Online Community, and identify as a member of the network by adding AOC to your Groups. While you're there, list your favorite activities, mentoring interests, and career information. This info is searchable so like-minded Swarthmore alumni and students can get in touch!
- Nominate yourself or a friend for our spotlight AOC feature using this nomination Google form. (Check out previous features.)
- Make a gift to support the President's Fund for Racial Justice, Student Emergency Fund, or SBAN Internships, three Alumni of Color fundraising priorities.
- Follow @SwatAOC on Instagram and join the Swarthmore Alumni of Color private Facebook group.
If you have an afternoon:
- Check out our Events page for upcoming AOC virtual gatherings.
- Host an event, such as a virtual happy hour, panel, lecture, museum tour, cooking demonstration, or reception in your town (once we're doing in-person events again)! You pick the topic and time, and we'll help invite alumni.
If you have 1-2 hours a month:
- Make yourself available for some informal mentoring. Use your profile in the Alumni Online Community to share your willingness to mentor via fields of expertise, academic interests, career, extracurricular activities, and identity/affinity groups.
- Consider joining the AOC Steering Committee, where volunteers:
- provide leadership in creating and shaping the direction of the network
- make a contribution to The Swarthmore Fund at a personally meaningful level
- are active participants in network communications via emails and monthly video calls
- reach out to individuals in their network to share volunteer opportunities and network news
- serve as ambassadors of the College and network