Scheduling Online Conferences
Scheduling an Appointment: The Writing Center uses the scheduling platform WCOnline. Log onto WCOnline via MySwat > Student Information tab>"Schedule an Appointment with the Writing Program" (see below)
- If this is your first time on our scheduling platform (WCOnline) you will be asked to fill out a registration form. Once that is complete you will be taken to the current Writing Center schedule.
- Click on any Writing Associate's white time slot you’d like to reserve and the “Create New Appointment” window will pop up.
- To schedule an asynchronous appointment ("drop" your paper off), choose an open time slot for "24-hour turn around appt".
- If you would like to schedule with a SPA (Speaking Associate) or a WA that has a foreign language or science background, just choose the drop down next to "limit to" and select the type of WA you would like. The schedule when then show only when those WAs are available.
- Complete the Appointment form questions about your assignment.
- At the bottom of the window, you have the option to upload up to three files, or copy and paste the URL for a Google document in the space provided. Consider uploading your prompt or assignment description as well so the WA can review that with you.
- You can add files at any point before your appointment starts (we ask that it be no later than 90 minutes prior to the appointment time) by clicking on your appointment in the schedule and clicking “Edit Appointment” at the bottom of the window.
- For asynchronous conferences, the WA will not spend extra time beyond the hour allotted to reading your paper and making comments. WA's will not make direct edits or proofread your work. Keep this in mind when scheduling, as you will still need to review the WA's comments and make your own revisions before the work is ready to turn in.
- Click “Create Appointment,” and your session is now reserved.
Tip: Set a reminder on your phone calendar so that you do not forget your online appointment.
Getting to your online appointment: After making your appointment, a confirmation email will be sent that contains Zoom information. At your scheduled time please join the virtual Writing Center via that Zoom link. A host will greet you and connect you with your WA.
The Writing Center has a Moodle page "Writing Center". You can self-enroll in the course and find further information, including the Zoom link.
You can modify or cancel your appointments up to 90 minutes before your appointment.
Don’t be late, as your appointment will be canceled after 10 minutes of no-show.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com