Self-Study Action Committee 2017-18
In response to the information gathered through this survey, a Self-Study Action Committee was formed in January 2016. This group was tasked with encouraging community members to submit ideas based on the study's findings and recommending action items to President Valerie Smith.
- Shá Duncan Smith, Co-Chair, associate dean diversity, inclusion & community development
- Amy Graves, Co-Chair, Professor of Physics
- Pamela Borkowski-Valentin, assistant director for Institutional Research
- Zenobia Hargust, director, Equal Opportunity and Engagement
- Betsy Durning, administrative assistant, Dean's Office
- (Linda) Yingqi Lin,'20
- Gina Patnaik, assistant professor, English Literature
- Yousaf Razvi, '18
- Peggy Seiden, college librarian
- Dominic Tierney, Associate Professor of Political Science
Establishing processes to soliciting ideas and solutions from the widest constituencies of our community.
Analyzing submissions of ideas and solutions.
Proposing 3-4 Actions that President Smith might authorize within a year of the report.
Community Engagement Strategies
Community-wide conversations provided opportunities to discuss what we had learned and what our next steps should be to reinforce what is going well and to address areas where we might do better, for the benefit of all members of the community. This feedback will be collected through the following mechanisms:
Friday, November 3, 2017 from 11-12:30 pm; Scheuer Room
Friday December 1, 2017 from 11-12:30 pm;Scheuer Room
Friday, February 2, 2018 from 11-12:30 pm; Upper Tarble
Friday, March 2, 2018 from 11-12:30 pm ; Upper Tarble
Friday, April 6, 2018 from 11-12:30; Scheuer Room
Anonymous "Idea Boxes" have been installed in the following locations:
Science Center Coffee Bar
Kohlberg Coffee Bar
Sharples Dining Hall
101 South Chester Road
Mephistos Lounge in Willets
Parrish Lower Level