Sponsored Programs maintains a large library of resources for grant seekers. We offer access to trainings, proposal writing guides, newsletters, and searchable databases.
Explore our internal Sponsored Programs Resource Library for Swarthmore faculty (login required).
Is there a resource you can’t find or a topic you’d like covered? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- PROPOSAL WRITING GUIDES
- Pre-Proposal Planning Checklist
- Program Officer Call Guidance
- Academic Writing vs. Grant Writing
- New Faculty Guide to Competing for Research Funding
- The Art of Funding and Implementing Ideas: A Guide to Proposal Development and Project Management
- Strategies for Planning, Developing, and Writing Large Team Grants
- How to Get Grant Money in the Humanities and Social Sciences
- Funding Your Research in the Humanities and Social Sciences
- Proposal writing guides from ACLS and Social Science Research Council
- NEWSLETTERS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Hanover Research Webinars and Newsletters
- Research Development & Grant Writing News (scroll down for article listing and log in to Google Docs for access)
- Council on Undergraduate Research (CUR)
- National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD) grant-related courses:
- How to Win an NIH Grant
- Everything You Need to Know About Grant Writing
- Writing Science: How To Write Papers That Get Cited and Proposals that Get Funded
- How to Seek (And Get!) Foundation Funding
- How to Write Grants and Win Fellowships for Academics in the Humanities
Pivot is an online subscription database that is available to all faculty, staff, and students in the Swarthmore community. It is a powerful search tool designed to find funding opportunities across disciplines, career stages, geographic regions, funder types, and purposes (e.g., research, pilot projects, travel, curriculum development, conference grants, supplements).
Users can access Pivot one of two ways:
- IP Access: Use Pivot from any on-campus computer on the College’s network or off-campus when logged into VPN.
- Single Sign On (SSO) Access: log in with your Swarthmore username and password.
- GRANTS RESOURCE CENTER
Swarthmore is an institutional member of the Grants Resource Center, which provides access to tools, services, and expertise to enhance member institutions' success in securing competitive grants from federal and private sponsors.
- Login (Sign in to your Swarthmore account to view login information)
- GRC shares timely news and deadlines through three publications. Please contact Rich Wellons at email@example.com if you would like to be added to the distribution list(s).
- The GrantSearch funding database is searchable by academic area, activity type, sponsor, deadline, and keyword. Searches can be saved as personalized email alerts.
- The Funded Proposal Library provides abstracts of sample proposals that are available upon request (Sponsored Programs will contact GRC on your behalf).
- GRC offers live and archived webinars. Sponsored Programs may be able to cover your registration fee, subject to availability of funding (please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- HANOVER RESEARCH
Swarthmore College has a partnership with Hanover Research, which provides strategic grant services to faculty (prospecting reports, proposal reviews, consult calls, and customized, discipline-specific grant trainings). Talk to your pre-award staff contact for details. Hanover also offers a variety of free grant alerts, projections, calendars, and webinars. Sign up here.