Dare 2 Soar
Dare 2 Soar is Swarthmore College’s largest and oldest tutoring group serving hundreds of children aged K-12 in Chester, PA. Chester youth receive academic and cultural enrichment through the administration of meaningful activities that provide opportunities for personal development as well as recreation. In the 2017-18 school year, the Lang Center collaborated with Prof. Jennifer Bradley from the Department of Educational Studies to offer tutors and lead coordinators additional support for their work in Chester.
Current tutoring sites are:
- Chester Charter School for the Arts
- Community Action Agency of Delaware County
- Chester Eastside Ministries
- God's House of Glory
- J. Lewis Crozer Library
- Boys and Girls Club
Students interested in getting involved should contact Ashley Henry (ahenry1), Program Manager.
Dare 2 Soar Lead Coordinators
- Emily Barranca '19
- Shuang Guan '19
- Ferial Berjawi '19
Dare 2 Soar Site Coordinators
- Emily Barranca '19 - Chester Eastside Inc.
- Wendy Tan '19 - Chester Charter School for the Arts
- Zain Talukdar '19 - Boys and Girls Club
- Vanessa Jimenez-Read '20 - God's House of Glory
- Aria Parikh '20 - Chester Charter School for the Arts
- Alexis Riddick '20 - Community Action Agency of Delaware County
- Kaleb Forson '20 - J. Lewis Crozer Library