Chester Community Fellowship
The Chester Community Fellowship (CCF)—a signature Lang Center program funded through the Swarthmore Foundation— enhances the capacity of Chester-based community organizations while providing opportunities for student learning. Students hold internships four days a week; on the fifth day, Fellows work together on a project-in-common relevant to the City of Chester. The summer experience focuses on developing each Chester Fellow as a scholar, civic leader, and public servant.
The 2018 Fellows and their Chester internship host sites are:
- Omene Addeh '21, Foundation for Delaware County
- Nusaybah Estes '21, Ruth Bennett Community Farm
- Kaleb Forson '20, Chester Housing Authority
- Jason Gonzalez '19, Chester Eastside Ministries, Inc.
- Anjali Singapur '21, ChesPenn Health Services
- Ainsley Knox '21, Chester Children's Chorus
- Yi Wei '21, Chester Education Foundation
In Summer 2018, the Chester Community Fellows began work on the Chester Community Network, a website designed to meet the needs of stakeholders in Chester to share information about community organizations and assets.
For information about previous CCF cohorts, please check the links on the side menu.