Skip to main content

Payroll FAQs

How should I complete my W-4 (Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate) form? How many allowances can I claim?

As tax and financial circumstances vary from person to person, it is not possible for Payroll to make a determination regarding an individual's tax liability. You can go to the IRS website to their "Withholding Calculator" page and enter your information. This will help you to determine if you are having the correct amount of Federal tax withheld from your pay.


Why should I have direct deposit?

Direct deposit is a great feature offered by the College. Your paycheck is automatically deposited into one or more bank accounts, even if you are not at work on payday. In most cases, you get immediate access to your money on the morning of payday. So if you're away on vacation, out sick, or out of town on business, you can still draw on your paycheck at an ATM or by check. Many banks offer reduced fees for customers with direct deposit. Check with your bank to find out how much you could be saving.

How do I sign up for direct deposit?

Simply download a direct deposit form [pdf] and return it to the Payroll Office along with any required documents (i.e. cancelled check, deposit form). If you are unsure of your account and routing numbers, contact your bank.

When will my deposit begin?

A pre-notification test is done during the next payroll cycle after an employee returns a completed direct deposit form to the Payroll Office. This test is to ensure that bank routing information is accurate. It is only a test. A direct deposit transmission will not be executed and the employee will receive a regular paycheck. If the pre-notification process is successful, direct deposit will begin the following pay period.

Where can I get a copy of my paystub?

You may request a copy of your paystub in writing or in person at the Payroll Office. Proper photo identification is required. Due to privacy issues, we will not release information over the phone or to another individual on your behalf. Please be advised that we ask for a one-day advance notice of your request.

When will I receive my W-2 form?

We are required by the IRS to post mark all W-2 forms by January 31st. All W-2 forms are mailed by that date.

What if I do not receive my W-2 form or lose my form that was mailed to me?

Please download and complete the Request for W-2 Form [pdf]. Send your signed form to the Payroll Office. We will process these duplicate form requests once a week.