Skip to main content

Payroll FAQs

How should I complete my W-4 (Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate) form? How many allowances can I claim?

As tax and financial circumstances vary from person to person, it is not possible for Payroll to make a determination regarding an individual's tax liability. You can go to the IRS website to their "Withholding Calculator" page and enter your information. This will help you to determine if you are having the correct amount of Federal tax withheld from your pay.

How do I sign up for direct deposit?

Simply download a direct deposit form [pdf] and return it to the Payroll Office along with any required documents (i.e. cancelled check, deposit form). If you are unsure of your account and routing numbers, contact your bank.

When will my deposit begin?

A pre-notification test is done during the next payroll cycle after an employee returns a completed direct deposit form to the Payroll Office. This test is to ensure that bank routing information is accurate. It is only a test. A direct deposit transmission will not be executed and the employee will receive a regular paycheck. If the pre-notification process is successful, direct deposit will begin the following pay period.

Where can I get a copy of my paystub?

Please go to mySwarthmore employee main menu to view and print a copy of your paystub.

When will I receive my W-2 form?

We are required by the IRS to post mark all W-2 forms by January 31st. All W-2 forms are mailed by that date.

What if I do not receive my W-2 form or lose my form that was mailed to me?

Please download and complete the Request for W-2 Form [pdf]. Send your signed form to the Payroll Office. We will process these duplicate form requests once a week.