Skip to main content

Leave of Absence

busy street in Tokyo, by night

Photo credit: Wendy Tan '19 (Japan, University of Tokyo, spring 2018)

Occasionally a student may choose to take a leave of absence to study abroad. Note that students who choose this option are not eligible for financial aid and cannot transfer the study abroad credit to the College. Some programs will only allow students to participate if they are working with the Global Engagement Office (for example the exchange programs). To take a leave of absence please follow the instructions on the Office of Academic Success' website  about taking time off: consult the Leaving and Returning pages, and be sure to remain in regular contact with your academic/major advisor, and/or Dean. 

Transfer credit

Students cannot request transfer credit for work done on an approved off-campus study program. To request credit for work done at a domestic institution please see Transfer Credit for details.