Philosophy Student Groups
The Philosophy GeMs (Gender Minorities in Philosophy) is a student-run club at Swarthmore. Our goal is to provide a welcoming space for people of underrepresented gender identities in philosophy by building community and providing opportunities for networking and further discussion to members of the club. We meet every week for casual discussions about philosophy and philosophy-related things, and host social events throughout the semester. Anyone interested in philosophy who identifies as a gender minority is welcome; you do not have to be a philosophy major or enrolled in a philosophy class to join. Professor Sabenn Ahmed is an advisor to the group.
If you would like to contact us directly, please contact Megan Wu (mwu3).
GERMAN PHILOSOPHY READING GROUP (MINERVA)
- A weekly meeting on Sunday
- In-person meetings during semesters; Zoom meetings during breaks
- Currently (summer '22), we are reading Hegel's Phenomenology of Spirit
- Required: Background knowledge of Kant's Critique of Pure Reason / Commitment to participate every week
- Highly recommended but not required: Reading proficiency in German / A general knowledge of 19C German philosophy
- If you are interested, please email Klint Shim (kshim1)