Popular online resources
Brought to you by the Libraries
Remember: if you're off campus, you'll need to log in to the EZproxy server first!
- New York Times: use your Swarthmore email address to sign up for an academic pass.
- Wall Street Journal: use the "Miscellaneous Ejournals" link to create an account and start reading.
- Washington Post:
- Press Reader: access to over 5000 newspapers and magazines from all over the world, from local to international favorites. The collection includes the Washington Post, Newsweek and the Guardian. Press Reader is also available as an app.
- The Chronicle of Higher Education: create an account for streamlined off-campus access.
- Education Week: choose the "Education Week" link for direct access.
- Popular Fiction
- Streaming video
- Feature Films for Education: More than 600 blockbusters, classics and academy award winners included in this streaming collection.
- Silent Film Online: the collection covers silent feature films, serials and shorts from the 1890s to the 1930s.
- medici.tv: "The world's leading classical music channel" provides access to concerts, operas, ballets and master classes.
- Opera in Video: includes staged productions, interviews and documentaries. Selections represent the world's leading performers, conductors and Opera Houses and are based on the work's importance to the operatic canon.
- Academic Video Online (AVON): includes documentaries, newsreels and stories, interviews, lectures and speeches, performances, archival footage and more. AVON has a little bit of everything! You can also find films on cooking, yoga, travel, animated shorts and prompts for creative projects.
- Filmakers Library Online: presents points of view and current and historical experiences from diverse cultures and traditions world-wide. Covers race and gender studies, human rights, globalization and global studies, multiculturalism, international relations, criminal justice, the environment, bioethics, health, political science and current events, psychology, the arts, literature and more.
- Films on Demand: the social sciences and humanities collection includes over 20,000 titles.
Naxos Music Library collections include classical, world music and jazz. You will also find popular movie soundtracks and relaxation music. You may connect to streaming links, below, via Tripod and also download the Naxos Music Library app and the NML Jazz app to take music with your wherever you go!