Kinfolx Affirmation Mentoring Program
The mission of KAMP is to provide support to students who identify as LGBTQ+. The program’s focus is to enhance LGBTQ+ students’ overall college experience and allow them the opportunity to connect with LGBTQ+ identified alumnx, faculty, and staff; foster in students skills that will serve them personally and professionally; and cultivate dialogue about their personal lives and being their authentic selves.
- To foster mentoring relationships between students and faculty/staff/alumnx that offer support, guidance and resources to LGBTQ-identified students at Swarthmore College
- To expose students to the diverse lives of LGBTQ+ members of the Swarthmore College community who have bridged the gap between education and career
- -To advance the academic, interpersonal, social, and professional success of Swarthmore College students who identify as LGBTQ+
- To provide helpful resources to students as they explore issues related to identity
- To help connect LGBTQ+ students to the larger LGBTQ+ community, both at Swarthmore College and beyond
- To provide LGBTQ+ faculty, staff, and alumnx an opportunity to further students' development outside of the classroom
How Do I Get Involved?
Sign up for this academic year has closed. Please contact Nyk Robertson for more information on how to get involved.
Mentors will work with mentors for an academic year.
- Mentors and mentees will be paired in the fall and continue to meet throughout the year
- Each month, there will be an optional on-campus meet-up
- Sept. 13th - Mentor Trainings and Mentee Meet-Up
- Oct. 27th - Life After College
- Nov. 16th - Hobbies , Passions, & Fun
- Dec.13th - Support Networks
- Feb.15th - Love in All Forms and Deep Connections
- Mar.29th - Goals and Aspirations
- Apr.26th - Looking forward
Who do I contact if I have more questions?
Feel free to contact Nyk Robertson at 610-328-7353 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.