Van Certification


Contact either: Mary Lou Lawless or Meghan Brown, Public Safety

In order to get certified to drive a College van, please have the leadership of the club/sport that you will be driving for send an email to Mary Lou. Once this is received, a link for an online webinar will be sent and will need to be completed. Once this is completed, please complete the Van Driver Authorization form (pdf) and bring it — with your driver's license and College ID — to the Swarthmore Public Safety department. If your driving record is free from any major offense, including moving violations, for three consecutive years, you can then make an appointment for a van road test.

Once you pass the test, your name will be added to the list of certified drivers. That list is available upon request for anyone who is looking for a van driver for any non-athletic road trip.

Arranging for club sports transportation requires a slightly different process, coordinated by the College's Athletics Department.