For International Students
Guidelines for international students
You are considered an international student if ALL of the following are true:
- you are a non-U.S. citizen
- you are not a DACA student
- your parents file a foreign tax return in lieu of a U.S. tax return; unless they are employed on a visa in the United States
- you will be applying for, or utilizing already, a valid student visa in order to study at Swarthmore College (may not be applicable to Canadian citizen students)
All documents for financial aid applications are submitted online in the Financial Aid Checklist within the Swarthmore Admissions portal's Applicant Status Page.
- A letter from each parent’s employer with certified parent income documentation on employer letterhead. The income information must match with the income information provided on the CSS/PROFILE application.
- Proof of citizenship
Note: If your required documents do not appear to align with the information that you are able to procure, simply upload your documentation in lieu of the required documentation along with a brief, signed note of explanation for the Financial Aid Committee to understand your submission. Ultimately, the Committee needs official, attested documentation to corroborate with the information that your family reported on the CSS/Financial Aid Profile, so please work toward that goal.