Swarthmore College has signed (April 13) and returned (April 14) to the Department of Education the Certification and Agreement for receipt of the CARES Act Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds (HEERF) for student aid in the amount of $1,200,865. The College intends to use the funds, $600,433, to provide emergency financial aid grants to students (student aid HEERF).
- As of May 13, the College has received $0 of the student aid HEERF.
- The College estimates that several hundred students are eligible to receive a share of the student aid HEERF.
- The College plans to provide student aid HEERF to students who submitted a recent and valid FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) to the College’s Financial Aid Office, and that will be based on the FAFSA that is on file with the College at the time the College receives the student aid HEERF from the Department of Education. The amount of student aid HEERF provided to qualified students has yet to be determined. Students will be provided with instructions to certify their eligibility for the funds.
- The College is awaiting receipt of the funds as well as further guidance from the U.S. Department of Education.
- The College will update this information every 45 days from May 13, 2020 until further notice.