St. Andrews Society of Philadelphia
The Society offers five scholarships for a junior year in Scotland. Scholars are awarded $25,000 to attend the University of Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow, or St. Andrews. Candidates must have a history of academic accomplishment and participation in extracurricular activities. The foundation's goal is "to promote understanding between Scotland and the United States."
- U.S.citizenship is required.
- Open to sophomores ONLY.
- Candidates must be in the top quarter of their class.
February 13, 2023, 11:59 pm ET
How to Apply
Request an application by emailing email@example.com. Email all the following materials by the internal deadline:
- Application cover sheet
- A short essay, 3 to 5 pages in length, on the student's personal background and why they wish to study in Scotland
- Two letters of recommendation
- A current transcript
- The Fellowships and Prizes Committee reviews all applications.
- All candidates are interviewed by the Committee.
- Based on application materials, interviews, and recommendations, the Committee selects one nominee. The nominee will have an opportunity to revise their essay prior to St Andrew's national deadline in early March.
- All nominees are interviewed by the St. Andrew's Foundation Scholarship Committee at the Union League in Philadelphia at the end of March. Selected scholars are notified that evening.