St. Andrews Society of Philadelphia
The Society offers five scholarships for a junior year in Scotland. Scholars are awarded $22,000 to attend the University of Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow, or St. Andrews. Candidates must have a history of academic accomplishment and participation in extracurricular activities. The foundation's goal is "to promote understanding between Scotland and the United States."
- U.S.citizenship is required.
- Open to sophomores ONLY.
- Candidates must be in the top quarter of their class.
Suspended for 2020-21 cycle.
How to Apply
Request an application by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 610-328-8363. Turn in all the following materials to Parrish 115 or 119 by the internal deadline, above:
- A short essay, 3 to 5 pages in length, on the student's personal background and why he or she wishes to study in Scotland
- One letter of recommendation
- The Fellowships and Prizes Committee reviews all applications.
- All candidates are interviewed by the Committee.
- Based on application materials, interviews, and recommendations, the Committee selects one nominee. The nominee will have an opportunity to revise his or her essay prior to St Andrew's national deadline is in early March.
- All nominees are interviewed by the St. Andrew's Foundation Scholarship Committee at the Union League in Philadelphia at the end of March. Selected scholars are notified that evening.