The Schwarzman Scholars experience is anchored in a rigorous and innovative Master's of Global Affairs degree program at Tsinghua University, one of the country's leading universities. Drawing on the best traditions of Tsinghua and top academic institutions around the world, the curriculum bridges the academic and professional worlds to educate students about leadership and about China's expanding role in the world. The program also provides Scholars with unparalleled learning opportunities with leaders from China and the world through high-level interactions at lectures, an internship program, a mentors network, and intensive deep-dive travel seminars.
- Must be at least 18 but not yet 29 years of age as of August 1, 2020.
- Undergraduate degree requirements must be completed by August 1, 2020.
- Applicants must demonstrate strong English skills, as all teaching will be done in English. If the applicant's native language is not English, official English proficiency test scores must be submitted with the application. This requirement is waived for applicants who studied at an undergraduate institution where the primary language of instruction was English for at least two years of the applicant's academic program. This requirement will also be waived for applicants who have studied in English for two or more years at a Master's degree level or higher.
An internal nomination is not required.
How to Apply:
Follow the link below to register or use the Schwarzman Scholars web site to gain access to an official application.
- Application (including essay questions).
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official Transcript
- Current Resume/CV
- Video (optional)