- "Water Quality Management," Chapter 2 in Civil and Environmental Engineering Systems: An Advanced Applications Text, edited by A.E. McGarity and C.S. ReVelle, forthcoming from John Wiley and Sons, 1997.
- Poland's Transition to a Market Economy: Prospects for Energy Efficiency and Conservation, Editor, National Academy of Sciences, National Academy Press, Washington, DC, 1994.
- "Outdoor Tests of an Evacuated-Tube Heat-Pipe Solar Collector Using a Real-time Storage/Load Simulator," with Frederick L. Orthlieb. Proceedings of the 1983 Annual Conference of the American Solar Energy Society, p. 305, Washington, DC, April, 1993.
- "'I always Turn It On Super': User Decisions About When and How to Operate Room Air Conditioners," with W. Kempton and D. Feuermann, Energy and Buildings, special issue on air conditioning, Vol. 18, pp. 177-191, 1992.
- "Developing Crisis Stable Super Power Force Structures using Temptation and Protection Ratios," with C. ReVelle, chapter in Defense Decision Making: Analytical Support and Crisis Management, ed. by R. Avenhaus, H. Karkar, and M. Rudnianski, pp. 201-214, Springer-Verlag, 1991.