Meals on the Go
GRAB and GO lunches
Grab and Go Lunches are available Tuesday through Thursday beginning the second week of classes in the Science Center outside of 199. Each lunch includes an entree sandwich or salad, beverage, snack item, fresh fruit, and dessert. Lunches can be purchased with a meal or points (currently $10.00), and make a great alternative when you are short on time.
Take-out container policy
The Take-Out program is a courtesy for when you are not able to eat your meal in Sharples due to class schedule or other college related obligations. There are a few guidelines that need to be adhered to in order for this program to be sustainable.
- Take-out is available 7 days.
- Take-out containers will be available during lunch and dinner meal periods.
- There will be a limit of 1 take-out container & 1 12 oz. hot cup, per meal period, per person.
- Take-out containers will be available at the upstairs register stations in Sharples only.
- You must decide at your time of entry whether you want to eat in or take out (i.e. if you decide to dine in, then you cannot request a take-out upon leaving during that meal period). You leave you ID card with the Checker and return in 15 minutes.
- The take-out option is designed for you to take the meal you would have eaten in Sharples during that meal period with you. It is not to be used as a means to take food out for events/meetings, feeding guests, stocking your residence, etc.
Your adherence to these guidelines is imperative in our ability to continue offering this program and is much appreciated.
Specialty or group bag lunches
If your road trip starts early or a tournament is going to make you miss lunch, let us pack your lunch. Orders should be placed at least 72 hours in advance. Contact Therese Hopson, ext 8181.
Student teaching or need a pack out
Student teaching or need a meal packed out - we are happy to pack a meal to take along. Please email Therese Hopson at thopson1 or Patti Woods at pwoods1 or call extension 8181 and leave a detailed message at least 48 hours in advance. We can make a pack out for a single day or the entire semester.
Dining Services makes every attempt to accommodate religious preferences. Please contact Dining Services directly to request accommodations for Ramadan or other fasting holidays. Our fresh chicken purveyor sells us “Halal” chicken but please be sure to consult with our menu information sheet (posted at each serving line) to be sure the recipe does not have added alcohol. Halal chicken is available at Essie Mae’s snack bar upon request.
During Passover we label at least one option, which is “Passover Friendly”. There is also a Passover cart located in the salad bar room, which has Passover staples during the holiday. There is a Shabbat dinner prepared by students Friday nights in the Bond hall. Please request information from Kehilah.