As we approach fall break, I’m writing to outline some travel-related recommendations and share with you the COVID-19 testing requirements that you will need to follow after the break, regardless of whether you leave campus.
While rates of COVID-19 are declining in many parts of the country and the world, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), transmission rates are still high in most areas. With that in mind, we encourage you to consider avoiding travel for the upcoming fall break, which will help limit the spread of COVID-19 in our community and beyond. If you do travel, we suggest following the CDC’s guidance on traveling and on keeping yourself and others safe, which are summarized below:
- Wear a mask over your nose and mouth, especially when on planes, buses, trains, and other forms of public transportation traveling into, within, or out of the United States and while indoors at U.S. transportation hubs such as airports and stations.
- Stay 6 feet away from others at all times possible.
- Avoid crowds and poorly ventilated areas.
- Wash your hands often, and cover your coughs and sneezes.
- Monitor your health daily, and report symptoms of COVID-19 to a medical provider.
Following fall break, ALL students must take a COVID-19 test on Oct. 18 or 19 in Bond Hall, based on the schedule below. Tests will be conducted through Genetworx, the same vendor that is providing our student testing each week.
|Date||Time||Who is testing?|
|Monday, Oct. 18||8 a.m. – 5 p.m.||All unvaccinated/partially vaccinated students AND students whose last name begins with A-L|
|Tuesday, Oct. 19||8 a.m. – 5 p.m.||Students whose last name begins with M-Z|
Please make an appointment on your testing day on the Aura application. When you arrive for your test, you will need to have a device that can pull up the QR code for your testing appointment. If you have any difficulty making an appointment on Aura, please contact our account representative, Josh Zegel, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You should also continue to follow our weekly student testing program.
Thank you for your ongoing flexibility and cooperation as we work to limit the spread of COVID-19 and keep our community healthy and safe.
I hope you have a wonderful break,
Casey Anderson, CRNP
Director of Student Health and Wellness Services