Swarthmore College is partnering with Talkspace, which offers video sessions and lets you send send asynchronous text, audio, and video messages to a dedicated licensed therapist.
- You can schedule up to 4 live 30-minute video sessions per month, based on preference, need, and scheduling.
- You can reach out to your therapist as often as you need to and expect to hear back from your therapist within one working day.
You can access Swarthmore College’s Talkspace at talkspace.com/Swarthmore.
Selecting a Therapist
After completing the registration process and creating an account using your Swarthmore email address, you can download and use the Talkspace app for ongoing engagement. A matching algorithm will present you with three possible therapist choices based on a combination of factors including preferences, needs, and therapist capacity.
You will be able to review information about each therapist before making a selection (e.g. photo, years of experience, state/license, areas of expertise, etc.). You have access to a complimentary live video introduction to meet therapists in real time. You can maintain an ongoing relationship with the same therapist unless you request a change.
Live-video sessions are only conducted through the Talkspace mobile app (iOS or Android).
Please consider providing feedback about your user experience with Talkspace to email@example.com.
Talkspace is not a crisis hotline. Anyone requiring immediate assistance is encouraged to access the following emergency services:
- CAPS On Call at 610-328-7768
- Public Safety at 610-328-8333 (or x8333)
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-8255)