Swarthmore College has partnered with Talkspace, where students can access licensed therapists through video, text, and voice messaging, and licensed psychiatrists through video. Counselors offer support and guidance through talk therapy, and cannot prescribe medication. Psychiatrists and nurse practitioners are licensed medical providers who specialize in mental health treatment and can provide personalized medication management. Please note that Talkspace psychiatrists are unable to prescribe medication categorized as a Controlled Substance, such as stimulants and benzodiazepines.
Students may choose to do just therapy, just psychiatry, or both treatments with Talkspace.
Please consider providing feedback about your user experience with Talkspace to email@example.com.
Talkspace Therapy | Talkspace Psychiatry | Need Help Now?
Talkspace Therapy Services
- You can schedule up to 4 live 30-minute video sessions per month, based on preference, need, and scheduling.
- You can reach out to your therapist as often as you need to and expect to hear back from your therapist within one working day.
Accessing Talkspace Therapy
You can access Swarthmore College’s Talkspace at talkspace.com/Swarthmore.
Selecting a Therapist
After completing the registration process and creating an account using your Swarthmore email address, you can download and use the Talkspace app for ongoing engagement. A matching algorithm will present you with three possible therapist choices based on a combination of factors including preferences, needs, and therapist capacity.
You will be able to review information about each therapist before making a selection (e.g. photo, years of experience, state/license, areas of expertise, etc.). You have access to a complimentary live video introduction to meet therapists in real time. You can maintain an ongoing relationship with the same therapist unless you request a change.
Live-video sessions are only conducted through the Talkspace mobile app (iOS or Android).
Talkspace Psychiatry Services
- If you are looking to work with a psychiatrist through Talkspace, you will participate in an initial evaluation session.
- Follow-up sessions will then be planned according to your needs. Up to 12 follow-up video sessions a year are covered at no cost to you.
- Talkspace Psychiatry sessions are conducted through video only.
- Note: Talkspace psychiatrists are unable to prescribe medication categorized as a Controlled Substance, such as stimulants and benzodiazepines.
Accessing Talkspace Psychiatry
- If you are new to Talkspace and would like to enroll in psychiatry, visit this page and enter the keyword Swatpsych.
- If you have an existing Talkspace account and would like to add psychiatry to your plan, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and someone from Talkspace's support team will be happy to assist you. ">
Need Help Now?
Talkspace is not a crisis hotline. Anyone requiring immediate assistance is encouraged to access the following emergency services:
- CAPS On Call at 610-328-7768
- Public Safety at 610-328-8333 (or x8333)
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-8255)