Need Help Now?
Urgent Clinical Care
If you are experiencing a mental health crisis, urgent care is available 24 hours a day—including nights, weekends, and holidays—for concerns or symptoms that cannot wait until regular business hours.
You have the following choices:
- Call anytime to speak to a licensed counselor year-round, 24 hours a day: 610-328-7768
- Walk into CAPS without an appointment during business hours:
Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m., during the academic year
- Contact Public Safety: 610-328-8333
- Call the National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 800-273-8255
Swarthmore Public Safety
Non emergency: 610-328-8281
Call Swarthmore College Public Safety when:
- You need someone to arrive on the scene immediately
- You are in any situation that is potentially violent or dangerous; e.g. someone is threatening to harm themselves or others, and/or is demonstrating bizarre, aggressive, or unusual behavior
- You feel unsafe for any reason
- You have legal concerns