- During the school year each child attends two of the 15 weekly small-group rehearsals. During the summer, the six-week, full-day summer learning program on the Swarthmore College campus includes arts, academics, and athletics.
- Each student receives grade-appropriate instruction in music education with emphasis on sightreading, understanding theory, hearing and singing harmony, appreciating musical artistry, and learning and performing classical music.
- Advanced performers sing classical masterworks with Swarthmore College Chorus and Media Chamber Chorale.
- Piano, theory, and composition lessons are given to advanced musicians.
- Students may also volunteer for the Math Practice Program, which allows for 1-on-1 math coaching with a Swarthmore College student twice per week.
- 10-12 community-wide concerts are held each year in the Delaware Valley.
Choir Auditions for Children
Children are invited to join the chorus on the basis of musical potential, enthusiasm, and family support. Our music staff conducts annual auditions in second-grade classrooms in every public, charter, and religious school in Chester, and a new group of second-graders enters the chorus every summer. Families pay a modest annual fee for Chorus participation.
To be considered for Chorus membership, students must reside in the Chester school district and pass a singing audition. Please contact our office at 610-328-8180 if you would like to schedule an audition.