Application to Join a Research Group
Chemistry/Biochemistry Research Presentation is Thursday, 11/14/19 @ 4:30pm in SC 199, Refreshments 4:15pm
For those of you who wish to participate in research through the department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, please follow this procedure:
1. Arrange to speak with the faculty members with whom you might be interested in working. Choices include, but are not necessarily limited to:
Alphabetical Listing of Faculty
(1) Daniela Fera: biochemistry
(2) Eleonora Gianti: computational biochemistry and biophysics
(3) Chris Graves: synthetic inorganic chemistry & environmental studies
(4) Kathleen Howard: biophysical chemistry
(5) Kathryn Riley: bioanalytical chemistry
(6) Tom Stephenson: physical and atmospheric chemistry
(7) Liliya Yatsunyk: bioinorganic chemistry
2. Based on your conversations with faculty, examination of research posters and discussions with current research students, pick faculty members you are interested in working with.
3. Think about your availability for working in a research lab. You will be given an opportunity to select Spring semester 2020, 10-week research session for Summer 2020 or the 2020-2021 academic year.
NOTE: Completing a Research thesis typically involves 0.5 credits of research during the junior year Spring, a full summer of research between the junior and senior years, and two credits of research during the senior year.
4. Download an unofficial PDF copy of your transcript from MySwarthmore. You will be asked to upload this as part of your online application procedure.
5. Follow this link to the online application form for joining a research group. You will be asked to login using your Swarthmore username and password to access the application.
You must complete the online application by 11:59pm on Wednesday, December 4th.
Assignment of Students to Research Groups
Chemistry/Biochemistry faculty members meet as a group to look over all the submitted applications in December. You will receive feedback about the availability of research positions after that meeting has taken place.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
A document containing some links for finding off-campus research positions can be found here. Off-campus research opportunities.