In addition to the unique programs that we offer, we also seek to provide all members of the Swarthmore community with access to the latest and greatest resources in design and leadership. So, welcome to our Resource Cart. Where you can check out our recommendations.
In these pages, you’ll find external websites, tips and tricks in the fields of innovation and entrepreneurship, and advice for developing your skill sets while at Swarthmore. These resources are here to help you dive deep into the the things we find super fun and relevant. To the left in our sidebar menu, you’ll find information about summer funding and off-campus opportunities, our Design and Development Fund, programs happening in the Philadelphia ecosystem, and more! Also, scroll down to see what we’re reading, what we’re browsing, what we’re watching, and what we’re listening to. Enjoy!
Hungry for more? Want to dig deeper into our well of resources? Subscribe to our newsletter!
- The Design of Everyday Things - Don Norma
- Designing Your Life - Bill Burnett and Dave Evans
- Design is Storytelling - Ellen Lupton
- Seven Habits of Highly Effective People - Stephen Covey
- Five Dysfunctions of a Team - Patrick Lencioni
- Gifts of Imperfection - Brene Brown
- Change Your Questions, Change Your Life - Marilee Adams
- Creativity In Research - Amanda Cravens '04, et. al.
- Design Thinking: Quick Overview and History
- Can Design Thinking Redesign Higher Ed?
- Office Hours: Leadership Lessons with David Kelley
- How To Be An Ethical Leader
- Creative Code: A workshop to grow creative confidence
- The Skeptic’s Case for Design Thinking
- Innovation Thrives When There is Fuel to Burn
- What is the Measure of Success
- Why Mentoring Matters, and How to Get Started
- Developing a Creative Practice