Training We Provide
The Title IX Office, in collaboration with community partners and student leaders, provides both annual and semesterly programming and workshops for student organizations, faculty and staff, and campus departments.
If you have any questions or would like to request a training session for your own group about sexual violence prevention or Title IX compliance, please contact Chelsey Eiel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Annual Community Training
- NCAA Sexual Violence Prevention Education for Athletic Staff
- NCAA Sexual Violence Prevention Education for Student-Athletes
- New Faculty Orientation
- New Employee Orientation
- New Chair Orientation
- Residential Advisor Training
- Student Academic Mentor Training
- Responsible Employee Reporting Obligations
- First-Year/Transfer Student Orientation
- Public Safety Training
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator Training
Training We Receive
Section 106.45(b) of the 2020 Title IX regulations requires the sharing of "[a]ll materials used to train Title IX Coordinators, investigators, decision-makers, and any person who facilitates an informal resolution process. A recipient must make these training materials publicly available on its website, or if the recipient does not maintain a website the recipient must make these materials available upon request for inspection by members of the public."
To best meet the needs of the Swarthmore College community, it is imperative that Title IX staff receive annual training on issues related to trauma-informed practice, prevention, response, and compliance. Our office utilizes external, nationally accredited vendors to provide these trainings on a regular and ongoing basis.
- Trauma-Informed Practice
- What Title IX Coordinators Need to Know about Advocacy, Prevention, and Trauma (2019)
- Addressing Trauma Module (2018)
- Trauma-Informed Interviewing Best Practices Part I Module (2019)
- Trauma-Informed Interviewing Best Practices Part II Module (2019)
- Behavioral Intervention Team and Title IX Intersections (2019)
- Informal Resolutions
- Sexual Violence Prevention
- 2020 Title IX Regulations