Moving to Your Residence Hall
MOVE-IN DAY: TUESDAY, AUGUST 28, 2018
We look forward to welcoming you and your family on Move-in Day. Please follow these guidelines when you arrive.
Please do not arrive before 8:00 a.m. Residence Halls will not open and keys will not be available until 8:00 a.m. Check-in time is from 8:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. After 12:30 p.m., keys can be picked up in Parrish Hall First Floor Shane Lounge.
Enter at the following campus entrances for your residence hall. Directions to campus are available on the College's Visitor site.
- If your room is in Parrish residence hall, use the Main Entrance at College Avenue.
- If your room is in Willets residence hall, use the Benjamin West Entrance, then turn right when you enter the lot.
- If your room is in Alice Paul, David Kemp, or Mertz residence halls, use the Benjamin West Entrance, then turn left when you enter the lot.
- If your room is in Dana, Hallowell, or Wharton residence halls, use the South Entrance.
- If your room is in Mary Lyon residence hall, from the main College entrance at College Avenue follow Rt. 320 south, turn right (west) at the light at Yale Avenue, then take the next left (south) on Harvard Avenue. The dorm is immediately on your right.
Swarthmore College is a pedestrian campus. Parking can be a challenge, especially on Move-in Day. When you approach the residence hall, you may have to wait in line to unload your vehicle. When it is your turn to unload, student volunteers will be available to assist you from 8:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. We have a limited number of carts available on a first-come-first-served basis to assist in unloading.
Between 8:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m., pick up your room key at the designated table at the residence hall. Between 12:30 and 5:00 p.m., keys will be distributed from Parrish Hall; after 5:00 p.m., keys will be located at the Benjamin West House (Public Safety Office).
When your vehicle is unloaded, the driver must immediately move the vehicle to a campus parking lot. You may not park at the residence hall or along the road. We will provide directions to the parking lots.
After your belongings are stored in your room, go to Shane Lounge in Parrish Hall to pick-up your Orientation Packet containing your academic placement information, an Orientation Guide, and a full schedule of Move-in Day events. While in Shane Lounge, you can also pick up your post office box key.
We encourage you to check this webpage and the Tuesday, August 29 Orientation Schedule webpage in July, and again in August, for any updates.