Spring Break Campus Resources
2018 Spring Break Campus Resources
- ALL COLLEGE RESIDENCE HALLS WILL REMAIN OPEN DURING SPRING BREAK.
- With the fluctuations that will occur in student population and the resulting smaller number of students in residence halls, security issues may be somewhat more prominent. Please be sure to keep outside doors and individual room doors locked and consider removing from easy visibility items which are particularly valuable. No registered parties will be accepted over Spring Break. Registration requests will be accepted when classes resume. Guests are not permitted in residence halls during this time.
Public Safety and the College Communications Center:
- The Office of Public Safety and the College Communications Center will operate on a regular schedule during semester break--there will be no curtailment of services. Administrative Office Hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm. Please add the Department of Public Safety Emergency # to your phone (610) 328-8333
- Morning Shuttle: Mon-Fri: 7:30AM - 10:30AM, Saturday: 10:30AM -12:00PM (1 shuttle in operation)
- Evening Shuttle: Sun-Sat: 6:00PM - 2:30AM
- Download the Shuttle App! It's called "Trans Loc" and can be found in both the Android and Apple Appstores
- College parking regulations are strictly enforced every day of the year including Spring Break.
- All student vehicles must have a permit to be parked on college property and must be parked in their designated lot (Cunningham South or Mary Lyons). Please contact Public Safety at (610) 328-8000 with any questions or concerns.
Saturday, March 10 - Sunday, March 11:
- All campus dining operations are closed during the weekend. Please reserve your "Swat" points to use at all off-campus dining establishments, which include the Co-Op, Aria, Bamboo Bistro, Dunkin Donuts, Hobbs, Occasionally Yours, Renato Pizza, and Vicky's Place.
Monday, March 12 - Friday, March 16:
- Essie Mae's will be open daily from 10am - 6pm. At Essie's, you will be allowed to use 1 "meal swipe" worth $7.00 each day from your meal plan. Beyond the 1 meal swipe, you may use points and "Swat" points. Science Center will be open from 8am - 1:30pm (points and cash only)
Saturday, March 17:
- All campus dining operations are closed on Saturday. Please reserve your "Swat" points to use at all off-campus dining establishments, which include the Co-Op, Aria, Bamboo Bistro, Dunkin Donuts, Hobbs, Occasionally Yours, Renato Pizza, and Vicky's Place.
Sunday, March 18:
- Sharples opens for brunch at 11am. Essie Mae's opens at 7pm.
Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
- CAPS will close at 4 pm on Friday, March 9th.
- The office will be open Monday, March 12th through Friday, March 16th from 10am - 2 pm during spring break.
- CAPS On Call is available by phone at 610-328-7768.
Student Health & Wellness (Worth Health Center)
- The Student Health & Wellness Center will close at 4 pm on Friday, March 9th.
- A registered nurse is available Monday, March 12th through Friday, March 16th from 10 am - 2 pm during spring break.
- An after hours on call registered nurse is available by phone at 610-328-8548.
College and Departmental Offices:
- All College offices will be open during regular business hours (8:30-4:30 p.m.) during the break.
- The Registrar's Office is open during these hours for any questions regarding courses/scheduling
- Hours for academic departments and advisors will vary--please consult with the individual department and/or professor in these instances.
- Please visit the following website which lists hours of operation for all of the campus libraries: http://www.swarthmore.edu/libraries/during-break
- Tuesday - Sunday, 12-5pm
- Monday-Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm
- Mon-Friday: 9:45am-12pm,1pm-3:45pm
- Saturday: 12pm-3pm
- Saturday, 3/10: Closed
- Sunday, 3/11: Closed
- Monday, 3/12: 6:30 AM - 7:00 PM
- Tuesday, 3/13: 6:30 AM - 7:00 PM
- Wednesday, 3/14: 6:30 AM - 7:00 PM
- Thursday, 3/15: 6:30 AM - 7:00 PM
- Friday, 3/16: 6:30 AM - 7:00 PM
- Saturday, 3/17: Closed
- Sunday, 3/18: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Lamb-Miller Fieldhouse (open regular hours):
- Sat & Sun 3/10-3/11: 11:00am-7:00pm
- Mon - Fri 3/12-3/16: 8:30am-5:00pm
- Sat & Sun 3/17-3/18: 11:00am-7:00pm
Ware Pool: Closed
Mullan Tennis Center: Closed
Swarthmore Community Store
- Fri, Mar 9th: 9am-7pm
- Sat, Mar 10th: 9am - 7pm
- Sun, Mar 11th: Noon-4pm
- Mon, Mar 12th - Sat, Mar 17: 9am-7pm
- Sun, Mar 18th: Noon-4pm