Fall Break Campus Resources
FALL BREAK BEGINS FRIDAY, OCTOBER 12, AT THE CLOSE OF CLASSES.
CLASSES WILL RESUME MONDAY, OCTOBER 22, 8:30 AM.
- ALL COLLEGE RESIDENCE HALLS WILL REMAIN OPEN DURING FALL BREAK.
- With the fluctuations that will occur in student population and the resulting smaller number of students in residence halls, security issues may be somewhat more prominent. Please be sure to keep outside doors and individual room doors locked and consider removing from easy visibility items which are particularly valuable.
- No registered parties will be accepted over Fall Break. Registration requests will be accepted when classes resume.
PUBLIC SAFETY AND THE COLLEGE COMMUNICATIONS CENTER:
- The Office of Public Safety and the College Communications Center will operate on a regular schedule during semester break--there will be no curtailment of services.
- Administrative Office Hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm
- Please add the Department of Public Safety Emergency # to your phone (610) 328-8333
- Break periods are a prime opportunity for theft so be sure to lock your room and secure any valuables
- All are encouraged to report suspicious activity immediately
Starting Monday, October 15 through Sunday, October 21 the following shuttle schedule will be followed:
- GARNET Shuttles: One shuttle will operate as follows:
- Morning shuttle - 9:00am - 1:00pm (Saturday shuttle ends at 12pm noon)
- Evening shuttle - 5:00pm - 2:30am
- Target Shuttle - Regular Schedule: Tuesday and Sunday, 6pm - 8pm
- Movie/Media/King of Prussia: Not Operating Over Fall Break
- Download the Shuttle App! It's called "Trans Loc" and can be found in both the Android and Apple Appstores.
- College parking regulations are strictly enforced every day of the year including fall break
- All student vehicles must have a permit to be parked on college property and must be parked in their designated lot (Cunningham South or Mary Lyons only). Please contact Public Safety at (610) 328-8000 with any questions or concerns
- The Onecard Office will be open during regular business hours, Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 4:30pm
- The Post Office will be open Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 12:00pm; 1:00pm - 3:45pm
FOOD & DINING:
- Friday, October 12: Sharples closes at 7pm; Sci Center Coffee Bar closes at 6pm; Essie Mae's closes at 10pm
- Saturday, October 13 - Sunday, October 14: All campus dining operations are closed during the weekend. Please reserve your Swat Points to use at all off-campus dining establishments, which include the Co-Op, Aria, Bamboo Bistro, Dunkin Donuts, Hobbs, Occasionally Yours, Renato Pizza, and Vicky's Place.
- Monday, October 15 - Friday, October 19: Essie Mae's will be open daily from 10am - 6pm. At Essie's, you will be allowed to use up to two (2) "meal swipes" from your meal plan. Each meal swipe can be used to purchase an entree, side, snack, and beverage. Beyond the meal swipes, you may use Swat Points and Dining Dollars. Science Center will be open from 8am - 1:30pm.
- Saturday, October 20: All campus dining operations are closed on Saturday. Please reserve your Swat Points to use at all off-campus dining establishments, which include the Co-Op, Aria, Bamboo Bistro, Dunkin Donuts, Hobbs, Occasionally Yours, Renato Pizza, and Vicky's Place.
- Sunday, October 21: Sharples opens for brunch at 11am and closes at 7pm. It reopens from 8-11pm for a late night snack. Essie Mae's is closed.
COUNSELING & PSYCHOLOGICAL SERVICES (CAPS):
- CAPS Hours for Monday, October 15 to Friday, October 19: 10:00am-2:00pm
- Regular hours resume Monday, Oct 22: 8:30 am-4:30pm.
- On-Call telephone consultation service is available 24/7 by calling (610) 328-7768
STUDENT HEALTH & WELLNESS (WORTH HEALTH CENTER):
- Monday, October 15 - Friday, October 19: 10am-2pm; please visit "What to Do During Breaks" to learn more information about health and wellness resources during the break period
- Regular hours resume on Monday, October 22
- The after hours on-call service is available when the Health and Wellness Center is closed at (610) 328-8548
The Career Center is open Monday, October 15 - Friday, October 19, 8:30am - 4:30pm
COLLEGE AND DEPARTMENTAL OFFICES:
- All College offices will be open during regular business hours (8:30am -4:30pm) during the break
- The Registrars' Office is open during these hours for any questions regarding courses/scheduling
- Hours for academic departments and advisors will vary--please consult with the individual department and/or professor in these instances
- Please visit the following website which lists hours of operation for all of the campus libraries: http://www.swarthmore.edu/libraries/during-break
SWARTHMORE CAMPUS & COMMUNITY BOOKSTORE:
- The Swarthmore Campus & Community Store, which will operate at regular hours: 9am to 7pm Monday through Saturday, and 12pmto 4pm on Sundays.
- NOTE: The store has an expanded selection of snacks, convenience foods, beverages, and health & beauty supplies that students can use their "Swat Points" to purchase.
- Hours of Operation: Monday, October 15 - Friday, October 19, 8:30am - 4:30pm
ATHLETIC FACILITIES HOURS:
Friday, October 12: 6:30am - 10:00pm
Saturday, October 13 & Sunday, October 14: Closed
Monday, October 15 & Tuesday, October 16: 6:30am - 7:00pm
Wednesday, October 17: 6:30am - 9:00am; 12:00 - 7:00pm [Closed from 9am - 12pm for cleaning]
Thursday, October 18 & Friday, October 19: 6:30am - 7:00pm
Saturday, October 20: Closed
Sunday, October 21: Resume regular hours
Saturday, October 13: 11:00am - 9:00pm*
Sunday, October 14: Closed.
Monday, October 15 - Friday, October 19: 8:30am - 7:00pm*
Saturday, October 20: Closed.
Sunday, October 21: Resume regular hours
*Open for home games
Saturday, October 13 - Sunday, October 14: Closed
Monday, October 15 - Thursday, October 18: 8:00am - 10:00am
Friday, October 19 - Sunday, October 21: Closed
Mullan Tennis Center:
Monday, October 15 - 11:00am - 2:00pm; 4:00 - 7:00pm
Tuesday, October 16 - 11:00am - 1:00pm
Wednesday, October 17 - 11:00am - 4:00pm
Thursday, October 18 - 11:00am - 2:00pm; 4:00 - 7:00pm
Friday, October 19 - 11:00am- 2:00pm; 4:00 - 7:00pm
- Tuesday, October 16 - Sunday, October 21: 12:00pm - 5:00pm