Fall Break Campus Resources
FALL BREAK BEGINS FRIDAY, OCTOBER 13, AT THE CLOSE OF CLASSES.
CLASSES WILL RESUME MONDAY, OCTOBER 23, 8:30 AM.
- ALL COLLEGE RESIDENCE HALLS WILL REMAIN OPEN DURING FALL BREAK.
- With the fluctuations that will occur in student population and the resulting smaller number of students in residence halls, security issues may be somewhat more prominent. Please be sure to keep outside doors and individual room doors locked and consider removing from easy visibility items which are particularly valuable.
- No registered parties will be accepted over Fall Break. Registration requests will be accepted when classes resume.
PUBLIC SAFETY AND THE COLLEGE COMMUNICATIONS CENTER:
- The Office of Public Safety and the College Communications Center will operate on a regular schedule during semester break--there will be no curtailment of services.
- Administrative Office Hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm
- Please add the Department of Public Safety Emergency # to your phone (610) 328-8333
- Break periods are a prime opportunity for theft so be sure to lock your room and secure any valuables
- All are encouraged to report suspicious activity immediately
- Add the Emergency App: Android Apple and select your location as Swarthmore College
Starting Monday, October 16 through Sunday October 22nd the following shuttle schedule will be followed:
- GARNET Shuttles: One shuttle will operate as follows:
- Morning shuttle - 9:00am - 1:00pm
- Evening shuttle - 5:00pm - 2:30am
- Target Shuttle - Regular Schedule: Tuesday and Sunday, 6pm - 8pm
- Movie/Media: Regular Schedule: Friday, 6pm - 1am; Saturday, 5pm - 1am
- King Of Prussia: THERE WILL BE NO KOP SHUTTLE ON SATURDAY, OCTOBER 21ST!
- Download the Shuttle App! It's called "Trans Loc" and can be found in both the Android and Apple Appstores.
- College parking regulations are strictly enforced every day of the year including fall break
- All student vehicles must have a permit to be parked on college property and must be parked in their designated lot (Cunningham South or Mary Lyons only). Please contact Public Safety at (610) 328-8000 with any questions or concerns
- The Onecard Office will be open during regular business hours, Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 4:30pm
FOOD & DINING:
- Friday, October 13: Sharples closes at 7pm; Essies closes at 10pm
- Saturday, October 14 - Sunday, October 15: All campus dining operations are closed during the weekend. Please reserve your "Swat" points to use at all off-campus dining establishments, which include the Co-Op, Aria, Bamboo Bistro, Dunkin Donuts, Hobbs, Occasionally Yours, Renato Pizza, and Vicky's Place.
- Monday, October 16 - Friday, October 20: Essie Mae's will be open daily from 10am - 6pm. At Essie's, you will be allowed to use 1 "meal swipe" worth $7.00 each day from your meal plan. Beyond the 1 meal swipe, you may use points and "Swat" points. Science Center will be open from 8am - 1:30pm (points and cash only)
- Saturday, October 21: All campus dining operations are closed on Saturday. Please reserve your "Swat" points to use at all off-campus dining establishments, which include the Co-Op, Aria, Bamboo Bistro, Dunkin Donuts, Hobbs, Occasionally Yours, Renato Pizza, and Vicky's Place.
- Sunday, October 22: Sharples opens for brunch at 11am. Essie Mae's opens at 6:30pm.
COUNSELING & PSYCHOLOGICAL SERVICES (CAPS):
- CAPS Hours for Monday, Oct 16 to Friday, Oct 20: 10am-2pm
- Regular hours resume Monday, Oct 23: 8:30 am-4:30pm.
- On-Call telephone consultation service is available 24/7 by calling (610) 328-7768
STUDENT HEALTH & WELLNESS (WORTH HEALTH CENTER):
- Monday, Oct 16 - Friday, Oct 20: 10am-2pm
- Regular hours resume on Monday, Oct 23
- The after hours on-call service is available when the Health and Wellness Center is closed at (610) 328-8548
COLLEGE AND DEPARTMENTAL OFFICES:
- All College offices will be open during regular business hours (8:30am -4:30pm) during the break
- The Registrars' Office is open during these hours for any questions regarding courses/scheduling
- Hours for academic departments and advisors will vary--please consult with the individual department and/or professor in these instances
- Please visit the following website which lists hours of operation for all of the campus libraries: http://www.swarthmore.edu/libraries/during-break
SWARTHMORE CAMPUS & COMMUNITY BOOKSTORE:
- The Swarthmore Campus & Community Store, which will operate at our regular hours: 9am to 7pm Monday through Saturday, and noon to 4pm on Sundays.
- NOTE: The store has an expanded selection of snacks, convenience foods, beverages, and health & beauty supplies that students can use their "Swat Points" to purchase
ATHLETIC FACILITIES HOURS:
Oct. 13 - 6:30am-8pm
Oct. 14 & 15 - Closed
Oct. 16-20 - Open from 6:30am-7pm
Oct. 21 - Closed
Oct. 22 - Resume regular hours
Sat. Oct. 14: Closed
Sun. Oct. 15: Closed
M-F, Oct. 16-20: 8:30am - 7:00pm*
Sat. Oct. 21: 11:00am - 7:00pm*
Sun. Oct. 22: Resume regular hours
*Open for home games
Oct. 14 & 15: Closed
Oct. 16-20: 8:00am - 10:00am
Oct. 21 & 22: Closed
Mullan Tennis Center:
Oct. 14 & 15: Closed
Oct. 16-20: 11:00am - 2:00pm; 4:00pm - 7:00pm
Oct. 21 & 22: Closed
- Tues, Oct. 17 - Sun, Oct. 22, 12 - 5:00pm