Programming & Events
One of the IC's aspirations is to organize programs and events that support its commitment to build community among and between members of diverse cultural and social identity groups.
In addition to:
- Supporting affiliated student groups and providing a space where these groups can interact,
- Organizing programming for Heritage Months, and
- Facilitating the formation of student-faculty relationships that extend beyond the classroom through open houses, student-faculty lunches, and the IC awards,
The IC, in large part through IC Intern efforts, offers additional programming throughout the year. These programs are typically one-off events, oftentimes co-sponsored and co-planned with other campus offices or student organizations, and feed the IC's mission of building community through cultural sharing. Examples of additional programmatic events are:
- Large-scale guest speakers or performers
- Guided conversations on topics of interest and impact to the campus community
- Cooking-based teaching and learning events
- International holiday celebrations
- Social, interactive, casual events
- And more!