Provides support for "an initial postgraduate year of independent study and travel abroad." The Foundation "hopes to provide Fellows an opportunity for a focused and disciplined Wanderjahr of their own devising." Students plan out a year long program visiting any number of countries . Students may not attend school or work during the year, and no language requirements apply.
- U.S. citizenship is NOT required.
- Open to graduating seniors ONLY.
September 30, 2020
How to Apply
Please contact Melissa Mandos at firstname.lastname@example.org to access an online application. The application elements include:
- 1500 word personal statement
- 1500 word project proposal
- Two recommendations
- Supplementary material (optional)
- The Fellowships and Prizes Committee reviews all applications, resumes, essays and recommendations.
- Based on application materials, interviews, and recommendations, the Committee selects four nominees. Nominees have an opportunity to revise their essays prior to Watson's national deadline.
- All nominees receive a one-hour, Zoom interview with a member of Watson's national selection committee.
- Final selections are posted on Watson's web site on March 15, 2021.
Tiye Pulley ‘19, Project: Skateboarding and Its Artistic Outputs in Ethiopia, Japan and Jamaica