Participate in Paid Research Studies
Want to help us discover how the mind works?
Interested in participating in psychology research for pay?
Psychology Department hosts a paid participant pool through SONA systems. Swarthmore students 18 years of age or older can sign up online to participate research for monetary compensation. We appreciate your participation. Out of consideration for our researchers' time and resources, we ask that you please only sign up for studies you can attend and that you cancel any appointments you are unable to make.
Students in PSYC 001: Introduction to Psychology can not receive course credit for participating in paid studies. Please visit this link to learn about Psychology 001 research participation requirement.
About Sona Systems
If you are a first-time user for Sona Systems, you must create an account in the system by requesting a new account.
1. Go to the Sona Systems website: http://swarthmore.sona-systems.com/
2. Click on the button that says "Request Account"
3. Follow the instructions. For "Course(s)" section, please choose "Paid Pool (Class of 20xx)" with 20xx as your class year. You need to use your swat e-mail name to create your account (e.g., jsmith1). SONA will send you a random password. If you forget your SONA password, you can always have the system send it to you again.
To sign up for a study:
1. Login at the Sona Systems website: http://swarthmore.sona-systems.com/
2. Click on the green button that says "VIEW AVAILABLE STUDIES"
3. Check the restrictions on the studies listed to make sure you are eligible.
4. Check to make sure it is a study for credit (it is is for pay, then it is not for credit).
5. Click on the "Timeslots Available" button.
6. Scroll down and click on "View Time Slots for This Study"