In order to reserve a College vehicle, you must become a certified driver. The driver certification process for all vehicles is currently administered by Public Safety. In order to apply, you must have had a valid driver’s license for at least 2 years.
If you are a student, the leadership of the club/sport/organization you wish to drive for must email email@example.com on your behalf, requesting that you be certified.
To become a certified driver, you must take the following steps. Please note the van certification process also requires a road test, as detailed below:
- Fill out the Driver Certification Request form.
- Complete the College’s driver safety webinar. A link will be sent to you via email, along with instructions on how to access the webinar. The webinar must be completed within four weeks of receipt of the link.
- Complete a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check. After the webinar has been completed, you will be sent a link to complete a MVR check. If your driving record is free from any major offense, including moving violations, for three consecutive years, you will be able to move forward with the van certification process. Please be aware that it may take several days before we receive the results.
- Schedule a Road Test. If you are seeking certification to drive the large passenger vans, a road test will be required. You must schedule an appointment for your driving test. Please allow one hour for the test. On the day of your test, please bring your driver’s license to the Public Safety office, where you will meet with one of our shuttle drivers. We do not allow anyone to practice driving College vehicles prior to the test.
- Once all of the necessary paperwork is complete AND you have passed the driving test, your name will be added to the list of van certified drivers. That list is available upon request for anyone who is looking for a van driver for any non-athletic road trip.