Policy Change Announcements
- Given the College's CR/NC policy for Spring 2020 grades, the Department will count POLS courses taken in Spring 2020 towards its major requirements (i.e., it will waive its requirement of no CR/NC for Spring 2020 as a one-time exception). The Department, nonetheless, retains the right to seek the shadow grade for Spring 2020 for consideration of acceptance into the honors program or for other major/minor acceptance purposes (the student will be notified in case the shadow grade is being sought).
- As of Class of 2022, to fulfill the senior honors study requirement, honors majors will revise a paper written for each one of the Department seminars. These three papers will be submitted to the appropriate external examiners as part of the honors evaluation process.
- As of Class 2023, the Political Science Department will no longer count any POLS-eligible courses toward any of its majors or minor fulfilments (i.e., a POLS-eligible course will not count as a credit toward any major or minor within the Department).
- Beginning with the Class of 2023, both course majors and double majors in the department are required to complete 8. 5 credits in Political Science, including the senior comprehensive exercise.
- Beginning with the Class of 2023, course majors, double majors, honors majors, and special majors must complete one credit in each of the four subfields: American, Comparative, International and Theory.