||New Students and Transfer Students: Online placement exam info sent via email.
||Announcement of amended Fall 2020 and January 2021 Course Schedules. Fall 2020 will indicate remote or hybrid. January 2021 is all remote. Some new courses may be added.
||New Students and Transfer Students: Deadline to complete online placement exams.
||Course lotteries for sophomores, juniors, and seniors based on April pre-enrollment.
- Students may be lotteried into different sections than those for which they registered.
- Courses moved to the January term will be moved with their pre-registration of students and then lotteried.
- Some Fall 2020 courses may unfortunately be cancelled and not made up. Look for departmental announcements about those.
||Advising for sophomores, juniors, and seniors for Fall 2020 and January 2021 Term. Advisees, please confer with your advisors.
||New Students and Transfer Students: Academic advisor assignment notification via mySwarthmore
||Add/Drop (conducted remotely) begins for sophomores, juniors, and seniors, for Fall 2020 and January 2021.
||New student advising and registration (conducted remotely) for Fall 2020 and January 2021. (Add/Drop for Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors will be paused during this time).
- Monday, August 24 (time and structure to be determined): Virtual Advising Fair, including asynchronous component.
- Monday, August 24, and Tuesday, August 25: New Student Advising (new students meet individually and virtually with academic advisors).
- Wednesday, August 26, 10 a.m. until 8 p.m. EDT: Registration for Fall and J-term via mySwarthmore
- Thursday, August 27: Course lotteries
- Friday, August 28: Add/Drop begins for new students using Add/Drop form in mySwarthmore
||Add/Drop resumes for all students for both Fall 2020 and January 2021.
|September 1 – 6
||Staggered arrival of students (first-years, sophomores, incoming transfer students, students on campus by petition)
||Labor Day; First day of fall classes
||(Monday): Last day of Add/Drop for Fall 2020 courses. Deadline 11:59 p.m.
||Add/Drop for the J-term continues until January 5
||(Friday): CR/NC and Course Withdrawal deadlines
||Advising for Spring Registration
||Last day of on-campus experiences.
|November 20 – 22
||Phased departure of on-campus students.
|November 21 – 29
||Pre-registration for Spring semester
||Last day of classes
|December 5 – 7
|December 8 – 15
|December 16 – January 3
||Winter Break I