III. Honors Minor
- Honors minors in Political Science will be required to have at least five credits in Political Science. Among these credits there must be one introductory course (POLS 002, POLS 003 or POLS 004), one course in political theory (POLS 011, POLS 012, POLS 100, or POLS 101), one other Political Science course and one (1) of the two-unit honors preparations offered by the Department.
- All applicants must have completed one introductory level course (POLS 002, 003, 004) and one additional course in the Department before applying for the Honors Minor.
- To be accepted into the Honors Program students should normally have at least an average of 3.67 inside and 3.5 outside the Department, and should have given evidence to the Departmental faculty of their ability to work independently and constructively in a seminar setting. Seminars will normally be limited to eight-ten students and admission priority will go to honors majors, first seniors and then juniors, including special majors.
- None of the credits needed to complete the major may be taken CR/NC; shadow grades for introductory courses taken CR/NC freshman year will be used for GPA calculations.*
- Majors and minors may take one directed reading within the Department for credit with approval from the faculty directing the read and the Department Chair.
*Given the College's CR/NC policy for Spring 2020 grades, the Department will count POLS courses taken in Spring 2020 towards its major requirements (i.e. it will waive its requirement of no CR/NC for Spring 2020 as a one-time exception). The Department, nonetheless, retains the right to seek the shadow grade for Spring 2020 for consideration of acceptance into the Honors program or for other major/minor acceptance purposes (the student will be notified in case the shadow grade is being sought).