How to Apply
In order to apply for the Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellowship, a student will need to be nominated by a Swarthmore College faculty member. Nominated students will be provided with a link to an application form. In addition to an application form, applicants will need to submit the following:
- Personal statement
- Brief description of a current or prospective research project
- Two letters of recommendation
Students are notified of their nominations in mid-December. Applications typically open in mid-January.
To be considered for the fellowship, student must also meet the following eligibility requirements:
- A sophomore or junior at the time of application
- A U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Interest in pursuing a PhD and career in a Mellon Mays eligible field
- Commitment to participate fully in all aspects of the program, including attendance at cohort meetings, regional conference, and workshops.
- Academic promise
For further information about eligibility requirements and general information about the Mellon Mays Program, please consult: https://www.mmuf.org/
Questions about the application process can be directed to email@example.com.