Students Studying Abroad
While you are studying abroad, the Libraries can provide many services to help with your studies:
- Online Articles, Ebooks, and Databases: Sign into Off Campus Access. Use Tripod to connect to your resource (e.g. JSTOR).
- Articles and Book Chapters through Interlibrary Loan: Use this when the Library doesn't have the article or ebook you need.
Please email your request to email@example.com and include as much of the following information as possible:
- Your name and Swarthmore email address
- Your barcode (on the reverse of your OneCard)
- As complete a citation as you are able to provide, including an ISSN or ISBN (publication specific numeric codes) which you may find at the top of the FindIt Menu
- Print Books: After consulting with staff at Access and Lending, you may take three books with you while you're abroad. Please note that we cannot ship them to you once you depart.
- If you receive a Recall Notice, please reply to the email so that we can work out a good solution for the person requesting the book.
- Is there a book that would be helpful to you that you'd like to suggest the Libraries purchase before you go? Just complete this purchase suggestion form.
- Languages: Need a refresher on a particular language? Mango Languages offers useful tutorials for real-life situations and actual conversations.
- Research Advice: Send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or to your research librarian subject specialist.