Mission + Values + Commitments
The Libraries build community through programs and places, connecting people with ideas, resources, and each other. As the nexus of cross disciplinary exploration, we empower students, faculty, and staff to broaden their perspectives through engaging with our expansive collections. In collaboration with our academic partners, we teach the craft of research and foster a critical understanding of the contexts in which knowledge is developed and disseminated. The Libraries' physical and virtual spaces facilitate serendipitous discovery as well as sustained inquiry on campus and beyond.
An expansive, spirited forum at the intersection of people and ideas.
Expand the Libraries as a locus of intellectual and cultural engagement.
- Creating inclusive and welcoming spaces where academic and nonacademic discussion, exploration, and events flourish.
Equip students with critical research skills.
- Instilling critical research and evaluative skills necessary to navigate the increasingly complex (dis)information environment.
Create navigable paths to ideas, people, places, and things.
- Utilizing current and emerging technologies to provide services, instruction and resources that are imaginative and responsive to the community's needs.
Promote the creation of new knowledge and cultural understanding.
- Partnering with our community to actively advance the college's research, teaching, and learning goals.
Ensure works of continuing value remain accessible and usable.
- Stewarding our cultural heritage; curating world class special collections and ensuring access to resources in support of the curricular and research needs of our community.