|1970 || |
- Personality and social psychological research. In Personality and social behavior (K. J. Gergen & D. Marlowe, Eds.), Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley, l970 (with D. Marlowe).
- The penny-dollar caper. In Studies in Machiavellianism (R. Christie and F. Geiss, Eds.), New York: Academic Press, l970 (with R. Christie & D. Marlowe).
- Social comparison, self-consistency and the presentation of self. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 1970, 16, 148-l56 (with S. J. Morse).
Reprinted in Readings in introductory social psychology (H. Kauffman & L. Solomon, Eds.), New York: Holt, Rinehart & Winston, l972.
Also in M. Rosenberg & H. Kaplan (Eds. Social psychology of the self-concept, Davidson, Ill.: Harlan, l982.
- Toward a better way of giving. Swarthmore College Bulletin, 1970, LXVLL, pgs. 6-10 (with M. Gergen).
- Foreign aid: A poison gift? Trends Magazine, Dec. l970 (with M. Gergen).
|1971 || |
- International assistance from a psychological perspective. In 1971 Yearbook of World Affairs, Vol. 25, London Institute of World Affairs, l97l, 87-l03 (with M. Gergen).
- You didn't play it again, Sam. In Sam Maitin, His work. Philadelphia Museum of Art, l97l.
- How the war affects the campuses. Change Magazine, Jan-Feb., l97l, pgs. l0, 69 & 70 (with M. Gergen).
- Material aid and social attraction. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 197l, 1, 150-162.
- Higher education, missing in action. College Student Personnel Abstracts, Summer. l97l (with M. Gergen).
- What God hath joined together. (A review of Charles F. Hermann's Crisis in foreign policy. Contemporary Psychology, 197l, 16, No. 3, 127-l3l.
|1972 || |
- Correlates of marijuana use among college students. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, l972, 3, l-16 (with M. Gergen & S. Morse).
- Skin deep is deep enough. (A review of M. McDonald's Not by the Color of Their Skin). Contemporary Psychology, 1972, 17, No. 2, 70-7l.
- Multiple identity. Psychology Today, 5, 3l-35. Reprinted in Organizational Behavior: Concepts and Cases (D. N. Harlow and J. J. Hanke, Eds.), Little Brown, 1974.
Also in The Consciousness Reader. (C. Schroder, H. Firestone, & M. Shugrue, Eds.), Macmillan, l974: Psychologie Heute. Sept., 1973, pgs. 37-43;
Readings in Social Psychology: Contemporary Perspectives, (D. Krebs, Ed.), Harper & Row, 1976.
- Individiual orientations to pro-social behavior. Journal of Social Issues, 1972, 28, 105-l30 (with M. Gergen & K. Meter). Reprinted in Handboek voor Psychisch Gezondheidsen Welzijnswerk, Devanter, Holland: Van Ooghum Slaterus, 1974.
|1973 || |
- Social psychology as history. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 1973, 26, 309-320.
Reprinted in XIP Readings in Psychology, Xerox College Publishing, 1974;
also in Social Psychology in Transition (L. Strickland, F. Abound & K. G. Gergen, Eds.), New York: Plenum Press, 1977.
Knowledge for policy: Improving education through research. D. Anderson & B. Biddle (Eds.) Hampshire: Falmer Press (1991).
Psykologia, 26, 5-16, (1991).
J. Bonin (Ed.) Seldom seen rarely heard: Women's place in psychology. Boulder: Westview Press (in press).
Named as "Citation Classic" of the Social Sciences Citation Index, 1982.
- Naming the unnameable. (A review of E. Goffman's Relations in Public). Contemporary Psychology, 1973, 18, 305-307.
- Deviance in the dark. Psychology Today, Oct. 1973, 7, 129-l30 (with M. Gergen & W. Barton). Reprinted in Psychologie, Oct. 1974, pgs. 29-32. Also in Psychologie Heute, Sept. 1975, pgs. 19-21; Readings in Social Psychology: Contemporary Perspectives (D. Krebs, Ed.), Harper & Row, 1976.
- The codification of research ethics, views of a doubting Thomas. American Psychologist, 1973, 28, 907-912.
- The manner of giving: cross-national continuities in reactions to aid. Psychologia, 1973, XVI, pgs. 121-131 (with S.J. Morse & J. Kristeller).
|1974 || |
- Toward an ethic for investigating human behavior change. In Changing Human Behavior (R. Schwitzgebel & D. A. Kolb). New York: Van Nostrand, 1974, pgs. 253-272 (with R. Schwitzgebel).
- Perceiving others. In Social Psychology (K. Gergen, D. Rosenhan, R. Nisbett, & G. Clapp, Eds.) CRM Books, 1974, pgs. 147-176 (with L. Bogyo & M. Gergen).
- Overpaid or overworked? Cognitive and behavioral reactions to inequitable payment. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 1974, 4, 3, pgs. 259-1274 (with S. J. Morse and K. Bode).
- The women's liberation movement: Attitudes and action. Journal of Personality, 1974, 42, 4, pgs. 60l-617 (with J. Goldschmidt, K. Quigley, & M. Gergen).
- Exchange and strategy in social life. In Social Psychology (K. Gergen, D. Rosenhan, R. Nisbett, & G. Clapp, Eds.), CRM Books, l974, pgs. 409-488 (with W. Barton & M. Gergen).
- Understanding foreign assistance through public opinion. International Yearbook of World Affairs, 1974, 28, London Institute of World Affairs, pgs. 125-l40 (with M. Gergen).
- What other nations hear when the eagle screams. Psychology Today, June 1974, 8, pgs. 52-58 (with M. Gergen). Reprinted in Congressional Record, May 29, 1974, pgs. 59219-59222.
- Toward a psychology of receiving help. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 1974, 4, pp. 187-193.