First Year Students
- Registrar's Office
The Registrar's Office is responsible for student academic records. They answer questions and concerns about enrollment in school, registration in classes, classroom scheduling, grade collection, transfer credit, AP credit, majors and special majors, changes to one’s academic program, graduation requirements, transcripts, and senior degree certification.
AdvisingHere you can find the Advising Handbook, Sophomore Plan of Study information, change of advisor requests form, and more.
Registration Forms for Courses at Bryn Mawr, Haverford, and UPennAs a Swarthmore student, you are able to take Tri-Co courses at Bryn Mawr and Haverford, as well as courses at UPenn. In order to enroll in courses at these institutions, you will need to complete a registration form.
Registration Form for Non-Swarthmore Students to Take Courses at SwarthmoreBryn Mawr, Haverford, and UPenn students are able to take courses at Swarthmore. In order to enroll in Swarthmore courses, non-Swarthmore students will need to complete a registration form.
FMST CoursesCurrent FMST courses are featured on our website. The listings for current and subsequent semesters are usually accurate. To plan your course trajectory longer term, you should always consult with the respective faculty member or chair to see whether listed courses will actually be offered. Our entire curriculum can be accessed in the catalog. For sophomore planning purposes, make sure to consult the department's current sophomore plan statement.
Follow FMST on Social Media
Weekly FMST Department NewsletterThe weekly FMST department newsletter highlights upcoming events and opportunities related to film and media. The newsletter also includes course screenings, which are open to all students. Sign up for the newsletter below!
In the Greater Philadelphia Region
- Black Star Film Festival
- Bryn Mawr Film Institute
- Cinema Studies at Penn
- Film Studies at Bryn Mawr College
- Greater Philadelphia Film Office
- Philadelphia Asian American Film Festival
- Philadelphia Film Society
- Institute of Contemporary Arts
- International House Philadelphia
- Scribe Video Center
- Secret Cinema
- Slought Foundation
- VCAM at Haverford College
Research and Scholarship
- Internet Movie Archive
- Internet Movie Database
- In Media Res
- Library of Congress American Memory Project
- Screen Site
- Society for Cinema and Media Studies
- Tripod Film and Media Studies Research Guide
- Ubu Web: Film and Video
Independent film news
International Film Journals
- Film Programs
- Critical Studies Programs
- Documentary Programs
- Media Arts, Digital Media, and Critical Game Studies PhD Programs
- David Bordwell and Kristin Thompson, Observations on Film Art
- Timothy Burke, Easily Distracted
- Bob Rehak, Graphic Engine