These course offerings are subject to change.
- FMST 001. Introduction to Film and Media Studies
- FMST 011. Advanced Digital Production
- FMST 015. Screenwriting
- FMST 037. Gender and Genre on Television
- FMST 047. Race and Media Theory: O. J. Simpson and American Culture
- FMST 055. Contemporary Chinese Cinema
- FMST 058. Film and Place: West African Filmmakers at Home and Abroad
- FMST 082. Studies in Genre: Horror
OTHER COURSES ELIGIBLE FOR FMST CREDIT
Film and Media Studies is an interdisciplinary field and a number of courses offered in other departments are eligible for credit towards the major or minor. In most cases, such courses use film and media as at least half of the course material, and students will be asked to do a majority of their individual work for the course on topics in film and media studies. Students must notify both the course instructor and the FMST department if they are applying for credit toward their program. A limited number of credits taken outside the department (this includes courses taken off campus at UPenn, Bryn Mawr or Haverford, abroad, or in the summer) towards the major or minor.
SWARTHMORE COLLEGE | FALL 2021
SWARTHMORE COLLEGE | SPRING 2022
SWARTHMORE COLLEGE | FALL 2022
SWARTHMORE COLLEGE | SPRING 2023