Courses available without Prerequisite
Requirements for Course Majors, Course Minors, Honors Majors, and Honors Minors are available here. Additional information on course schedules for upcoming semesters is available here and on the bulletin boards outside the Theater Department Office (LPAC 013) and in the Academic Catalog. Please direct any further questions to Jean Tierno, Administrative Assistant for the Theater Department at x8149 or email@example.com. This information is subject to change.
The following courses can be taken without prerequisite: THEA 001, 002A, 004A, 004B, 004C, 004D, 004E, 006, 008, 021, 022, 025. Click on the links below for more information regarding classes available without prerequisites to incoming first years and other students.
- THEA 001: Theater and Performance (Fall 2020, Saunders)
- THEA 002A: Acting I (Spring 2021, Stevens)
- THEA 004A: Set Design (Spring 2021, Saunders)
- THEA 004B: Lighting Design (Spring 2021, Murphy)
- THEA 004C: Costume Design "How to Design for Queer and Transgender Actors and Characters" (Spring 2021, Swanson)
- THEA 004D: Integrated Media Design for Live Performance (Fall 2020, Saunders)
- THEA 004E: Sound Design (Fall 2020, Atkinson)
- THEA 006: Playwriting Workshop (Spring 2021, Shaplin)
- THEA 008: Movement Theater Workshop (Spring 2021, Staff)
- THEA 021: Production Dramaturgy (Spring 2021, Magruder)
- THEA 022: Production Ensemble (January 2021, Stevens)
- THEA 025: Solo Performance
Some courses may not be offered due to faculty rotations. Please check the Academic Catalog for more details on course availability and scheduling or check our Course Offerings pages for each academic year. Recommended course/seminar sequences for Majors/Minors is available here.
In the Fall, Acting II, Acting Capstone, Directing I, Performance Theory, Special Projects in Design, and Senior Company are available with prerequisites or by permission from the chair as listed in the Academic Catalog for the Theater Department. In the Spring, Acting Capstone, Directing II, Special Projects in Design, Theater Seminars, and Senior Honors Theses/Projects are available with prerequisites as listed in the Academic Catalog for the Theater Department.
Special credits are available if you have taken Acting I and participate in additional acting projects within the department such as working with the Directing workshops.
Production Ensemble (Theater 022) or Special Projects in Design (Theater 034) are required of all majors and course minors in the Department. Exact prerequisites for Production Ensemble and Special Projects in Design vary according to the student's area of emphasis in the Department. Production Ensemble and Special Projects in Design can be repeated up to three times using other advanced course numbers.