Skip to main content

I need help for myself

student under tree


If you are in immediate danger or afraid that you will be hurt again, call Public Safety at 610-328-8333 or the police at 911.

You can also contact the Swarthmore Police Department directly at 610-543-0123.

If you need immediate assistance in safety planning, we recommend calling a 24-hour crisis line like the ones below for support and to assist you in decision-making:

Medical Attention

Local Hospitals

  • Crozer-Chester Medical Center 
    1 Medical Center Blvd., Chester, PA 19013 (3.5 miles)
    Phone: 610-447-2000
  • Riddle Memorial Hospital 
    1068 W. Baltimore Pike, Media, PA 19063 (7.5 miles)
    Phone: 484-227-9400
  • Springfield Hospital 
    190 W. Sproul Road, Springfield, PA 19064 (3 miles)
    Phone: 610-328-8700

Community Health Centers

  • Congreso
    Latino Community Health Center
    Phone: 267-765-2272
  • Mazzoni Center
    LGBTQ health & well-being
    Phone: 215-563-0658
  • Planned Parenthood SEPA
    Expert, non-judgemental healthcare
    Phone: 1-800-230-7526
  • PSARC (Philadelphia Sexual Assault Response Center)
    24/7 SANE assessment and evaluation: 215-425-1625

Supportive Measures

You have the right to receive supportive measures to ensure your safety and well-being.  Supportive measures can be requested through the Title IX Office and can be imposed regardless of whether a criminal or College formal complaint has been filed.

Supportive measures may include, but are not limited to:

  • Academic assistance, including deadline extensions, excused absences, and other accommodations provided by faculty without compromising your privacy
  • Contact restrictions, or assistance in obtaining a Protection from Abuse (PFA) Order
  • Housing changes
  • Public Safety escorts, both on-campus and/or to off-campus appointments
  • Referrals to medical or emergency services
  • Voluntary leaves of absence
  • Any other support that meets your immediate needs. Maybe that’s a bus ticket, a meal that reminds you of home, some animal therapy: just let us know.

Please refer to our Policy to read more about supportive measures.

Making a Report

If you are interested in making a report with the TIX Office, you can contact the Title IX Coordinator directly at, by calling 610-690-3720, or by clicking the "Submit Title IX Report and Concern" button below.

If you would like more information about what it means to make a report, we recommend you review "What to Expect" and "Reporting."   For a more comprehensive discussion of the reporting process, please check out the information on "Making a Report" on the Title IX Office website or contact the Title IX Coordinator or Associate Director.